Jeff Bezos has topped 2018 Forbes400 list of the Richest People in America. Amazon’s chief is the first person with a net worth surpassing $150 billion in the 3 decades that Forbes has tracked the richest Americans.
- Amazon’s chief Jeff Bezos is the first person with a net worth surpassing $150 billion in the 3 decades that Forbes has tracked the richest Americans.
- He owns 16% of e-commerce colossus Amazon, which he founded in a garage in Seattle in 1994.
- Bezos attended Princeton and worked at a hedge fund before quitting to sell books online.
- His other passion is space travel: His aerospace company, Blue Origin, is developing a reusable rocket that Bezos says will carry passengers.
- Bezos purchased The Washington Post in 2013 for $250 million.
- In Sept. 2018 he announced the Bezos Day One Fund, a $2 billion pledge to help homeless families and create Montessori-inspired preschools in the U.S.