The Hansens of Industrial Township, Minnesota, were left with $750,000 in damages after a fire destroyed their home. But everything lost is replaceable thanks to Milo.
According to KBJR, the family dog woke Carrie Hansen and her husband Dave up in the middle of the night on Sunday. Even after the couple tried to shoo the canine out of the room, Milo persisted in bothering them.
Eventually, Carrie woke up enough to realize the room was filled with smoke. Once out of bed, she followed Milo, who led her to the garage.
He ran to the garage, she followed him and it was solid smoke in there,” Dave told the station of the fire’s source.
After attempting to put the fire out themselves, it became clear to the Hansens that the blaze was only getting bigger.
The Hansens left the home with Milo and watched helplessly as the roof caught fire and collapsed, destroying almost all of the family’s material possessions in the process.